Wednesday 13 October 2010

Papergirl Exhibition - Soup Kitchen Manchester

................................................................................................................................................
Selfmadeheroes made a flying visit to Soup kitchen in the Northern Quarter to check out the Papergirl Exhibition, This is the first time I have been to this venue and it was not what I expected. Soup Kitchen is a eatery, then gallery with very little wall space, but a clever (washing line type) hanging system allows you to view the work whilst you snack, ( I had a nice Jacket Potato with beans). Some of the work have a student project feel, however some pieces are really well crafted and very good. I really liked the PPP "Preston is my Pairs" screen print unfortunately the way the prints are hung you can not see who the artists are, this may be intentional. I took some pics, feel free to take a look...
................................................................................................................................................














No comments:

Post a Comment