Monday 11 October 2010

One69a Screen Printers @Islington Mill








.........................................................................................................................................................
Selfmadeheroes have been searching high and low for a good screen printers.... and now the search is over. One69a at Islington Mill have one of Manchesters most unique studio spaces, a quick tour with owner Mark Jermyn opened my eyes to a diverse mix of gallery spaces, court yard gardens, Design studios and gig venues, I have to say I was very impressed. Mark then took me to his print studio which at first glance could be described as chaotic, however this just added to the atmosphere and creativity. After some quick introductions I found myself talking about possible projects and working with one69a straight away. These guys have a genuine love for everything design, illustration and especially print. The old screens & prints adorn the walls and stacks of screens make for a brilliant space, there is a great feel to the Mill and you get a sense of people just doing what they love. Experimentation is top of the list at 0ne69a and this is reflected in their work. I will be creating some limited edition posters with them in the near future and I hope to be working more with these guys in the up coming months.
"Top Guys, Top Studio, Top Work!"
.............................................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment