Wednesday 10 July 2013

A is for ArtCrank A poster party for bike people. Bicycle inspired artwork by local artist.

ArtCrank™ uses creativity to change the way people think about bicycles & grow
the cycling community. 

Bikes are the world’s most fun, accessible way to get around. Posters are the world’s most fun, accessible art form. ArtCrank™ brings them Both together. 

This is the submission I created for ArtCrank™ Manchester with help from the guys at RideLow. I managed to borrow a huge box of Low Rider bike parts to re-create the ArtCrank™ 'A' for my poster concept. I set up a small photo-shoot at Bert Agency to create the 'A' and shot it from above. However I overlooked the small detail of ArtCrank™ only excepting screen prints. I would have loved to have use the original image of the 'A' as the poster but a half tone treatment was required for screen printing. I have put this down to a valuable lesson learned "Always read the brief". Missing out on the deadline was a bitter disappointment, however I am still looking forward to the heading down to 2022nq on the 13th July.  












   




No comments:

Post a Comment